Location & Directions
Meidling – the district at the heart of Vienna
„Hotel Orangerie“ is located at Meidling, the 12th district of Vienna which is both calm and central. Numerous sights – e.g. Schönbrunn castle, which is only about one kilometer away as well as Europe’s oldest zoo, „Tiergarten Schönbrunn“ – are located nearby.
Meidling provides various shopping opportunities and restaurants in walking distance. Two subway stops (U4 „Meidling Haupstraße“ and U4/U6 „Längenfeldgasse“) are also only a three to five minutes walk away. Famous market „Meidlinger Markt“ is also only a short stroll away.
With U4 subway line, lots of Viennese sights are also easy to reach: „Naschmarkt“ is only a five minutes ride away, the oldtown of Vienna only a ten minutes ride. At Vienna’s oldtwon, you can visit famous sights such as the baroque „Karlskirche“ church, Vienna’s landmark „Stephansdom“, the opera and Vienna’s „Ringstraße“ – the famous boulevard with its representative buildings such as „Hofburg“ castle and „Burgtheater“ theatre.
- U4 „Meidling Hauptstraße“: 400 meters distance (3 minutes walking time)
- U4/U6 „Längenfeldgasse“: 500 meters distance (5 minutes walking time)
- Westbahnhof: 8 minutes on the subway
- Bahnhof Meidling: 8 minutes on the subway
- Hauptbahnhof: 9 minutes on the subway
- Airport Wien-Schwechat: 35 minutes on the subway
- Schönbrunn castle: 1 minute on the subway
- Tiergarten Schönbrunn: 5 minutes on the subway
- Opera and Albertina: 6 minutes on the subway
- Karlsplatz and Karlskirche: 6 minutes on the subway
- Raimund theatre: 9 minutes on the subway
- Stephansdom and oldtown: 11 minutes on the subway
- Heldenplatz and Hofburg castle: 14 minutes on the subway
- Town hall: 14 minutes on the subway
- Prater: 14 minutes on the subway
- Donauinsel: 17 minutes on the subway
- Parliament: 18 minutes on the subway
- Belvedere and botanical garden: 18 minutes on the subway
Arrival by car
We offer a private parking area directly located at „Hotel Orangerie“, where you can park your car comfortably and safe for only 16 EUR per day.
If you travel by car, take the Westautobahn (A1), then Bundesstraße B1. Go ahead on the left lane of B1 for seven kilometers, then take „Schönbrunner Straße“ street and go ahead for another kilometer. Now turn right at „Grieshofgasse“ street – our hotel and the parking area is at the left side.
Arrival by train
Railway stations „Wien Meidling“ and „Westbahnhof“ are only an eight minutes subway ride away from „Hotel Orangerie“, main train station („Wien Hauptbahnhof“) only a nine minutes ride.
At „Hauptbahnhof“, take the suburban railway („S-Bahn“) to „Bahnhof Meidling“ station. There, change to subway line U6 and go to „Längenfeldgasse“.
Coming from „Bahnhof Meidling“ or „Westbahnhof“, also take the U6 subway line and go to „Längenfeldgasse“.
The hotel is a three minutes walk from „Längenfeld“ station.
Arrival by plane
After arriving airport Wien-Schwechat (VIE), you have different options to go to „Hotel Orangerie“ by public transport.
Arrival by bus: Bus line „Vienna Airport Lines“ take you from the airport to central „Schwedenplatz“ in only twenty minutes. At „Schwedenplatz“, take the subway line U4 and go six stops until „Meidling Hauptstraße“. It’s the closest subway stop to „Hotel Orangerie“, only a three minutes walk away.
Arrival by S-Bahn: Just like the bus, the „S-Bahn“ or „Schnellbahn“ – the Viennese suburban railway – takes you to railway station „Landstraße/Wien Mitte“ in only twenty minutes as well. At „Landstraße/Wien Mitte“, change to U4 subway line and head to „Meidling Hauptstraße“, which is seven stops away. From there on, it’s a three minutes walkt o the hotel.
Arrival by ship
The most beautiful way to arrive in Vienna is by ship. It’s only a 75 minutes ride with high-speed catamaran „Twin City Liner“ on the blue Danube away from Slovakian capital Bratislava. From the port at central „Schwedenplatz“ walk to the subway station with the same name. Take the subway line U4 and head to „Meidling Hauptstraße“. The hotel is a three minutes walk away.